Cleaning the tub isn’t a usual chore for most of us. It’s usually done on occasion. When a visitor comes checking in, we can feel embarrassed at what they might see. That’s when cleaning the bathtub is added to our daily to-do list.
There’s been a long-underrated method to help you make your bathroom sparkle: cleaning the bathtub with Dawn and vinegar. You’ll be surprised this works better than stronger cleaners from a store.
In this article, we’ll share the effective ways to clean your bath using vinegar and Dawn. We’ll also lay here the steps how to use each product as an alternative solution in cleaning your tub, so stick around!
How to Clean Your Bath With Vinegar and Dawn?
There are various ways people use vinegar and Dawn in cleaning their baths.
Combining equal parts of these two products and spraying them on the stained tub works well for some. Others believe altering the formula and heating vinegar before combining it with Dawn is better.
You may come across some people telling you there’s no need to scrub your bath if you apply this cleaning solution. Yet the truth is, using a light scrubbing tool, such as a dish wand or broom, can give you a much better result.
Learn more about How to Remove Blue Toilet Cleaner Stains
#1. Cleaning Bathtub With Vinegar and Dawn
Many people are now discovering the magic vinegar and Dawn can bring to a soiled and dirty-looking bath. Even though each of these products can work well on its own, people online are creating a buzz about the effectiveness of these two when put together.
For this method, you’ll have to use the blue Dawn as it appears to be the most effective. As for the vinegar, it’s best to use white vinegar since it doesn’t contain a coloring agent. However, you may also use cleaning vinegar if white vinegar is unavailable.
A non-scratch dish wand is another important tool you need to use in cleaning the tub with vinegar and Dawn. This is highly recommended, especially if your tub has tough soap scum and grime.
- Get your handheld dish wand and fill it with 2/3 blue Dawn dishwashing liquid.
- Then, pour in 1/3 of distilled vinegar.
- Gently mix them up.
- Now, give your tub a good scrub.
- Finally, rinse with water to clean it off.
#2. Cleaning Bathroom With Vinegar and Dawn
You can give your bathroom a sparky clean look by combining vinegar and Dawn dishwashing liquid.
You can vary the formula to create an all-purpose cleaner that removes grime, grease, and soap scum lurking in your bathroom.
To Clean Counters and Glass Windows
- Combine ¼ cup of vinegar and 2 ¼ cups of water in a spray bottle.
- Then, add ½ teaspoon of Dawn.
- Shake the bottle to mix it well.
- Spray the surfaces evenly and let them sit for five minutes.
- Get a damp cleaning rag and wipe it to clean the spoiled surfaces thoroughly.
To Clean the Soap Scum in Tub and Shower
- Combine one part of blue Dawn and vinegar in a spray bottle.
- Mix the cleaning solution and spray it on the areas you want to clean.
- Leave it there for 2 hours but for tough soap scum buildup, you may let it sit for longer hours.
- After 2 hours or more, rinse the tub with water.
- You should have a glossy look but for a much better result, use a stiff broom to scrub your bathroom tub, grout, or tile.
- Rinse it again with water.
#3. Cleaning Bathtub With Dawn
If you don’t like vinegar’s smell, that’s not a problem! You can still clean the tub with Dawn dish soap and with a bit of help from a broom. If you don’t have a clean broom, that won’t be a problem, too, since you can get any plastic bristle brush in place of the broom.
Dawn dish soap effectively cuts tough grime on dishes and pans, but this can also eliminate the soap scum and grime lining your tub. You heard it right and might want to see it for yourself. Now, here’s how to clean a bathtub with Dawn dish soap.
- Get a Dawn dish soap and squirt a good amount all over your tub.
- Scrub your tub using a broom until all the soap scum, mildews, and mold clears up.
- Let it be for five minutes.
- Rinse it well.
- Viola! You now have a much cleaner look for your tub.
#4. Cleaning Bathtub With Vinegar
If you badly want to remove the grime on your tub, vinegar is the easiest and most practical solution. Vinegar can do all the work independently, whether you’ve run out of Dawn dish soap or other bathtub cleaning products.
Vinegar contains at least 4% acetic acid, which makes it an excellent cleaner and disinfectant. Using vinegar to clean the bathtub will help remove the unpleasant soap buildup, dirt, rust, and grime. You can use white distilled vinegar since it won’t stain the surface you will apply it to.
Here’s how to clean the bathtub with vinegar:
- Get a spray bottle and mix two vinegar with one warm water.
- Mix it gently, then spray the cleaning solution all over the bathtub.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Then, scrub your tub with a scratch-resistant cloth until it gives you a satisfying cleaner look.
- Finally, rinse it and check the difference.
To Wrap Up
Now that you know how to clean your bath with vinegar and Dawn, it’s time to give your tub the sparkly clean it has been missing. Mix the vinegar and Dawn. Then, use a dish wand or broom to finish the job with minimal effort but optimum effectiveness.
Many, if not all, who’ve tried this cleaning solution are pleased with the result. They say it’s much better than the cleaning products they can buy from stores.